Back to basics to go forward
My journey to become a better full-stack technologist
For a long time now I try to keep up with all the latest developments in our full-stack community. Learning React, a bit of Vue, diving into ES6,7,... You know, like the rest of us.
And although I know these parts reasonably well, there is always room for improvement. I want to get a deep an thorough understanding of these parts, before I learn something that is build on top of that foundation.
I am going to approach this project like so:
Phase 1: Lay the foundation
- Get pretty intimate with CSS
- Become really close friends with HTML
Phase 2: Build the walls
- Brick by brick, Progressive Enhancement as a second nature
- Preparing for the storm with Progressive Web Apps
- Move things around with Animations
Phase 3: Put on the roof
- Connect all the wires with HTTP
These are by no means set in stone (this is what first came to mind) but for now it is my guide on this journey